Friday, November 25, 2011

Spur of the moment Thanksgiving...

After the memorial service on Wednesday for Hunter and Brittany's little Eli I didn't plan on having Thanksgiving, especially since I woke up with a headache yesterday morning. I just wanted to rest, but that wasn't in the cards.

My son and daughter-in-law called and said they were coming over since everyone at his Dad's house was exhausted from their harrowing week dealing with their loss. Thank goodness I keep my pantry fairly well stocked!

I ended up cooking a 14 pound turkey, homemade succotash, yeast rolls, cornbread dressing, gravy and had pecan and pumpkin pie. Dug around and found a can of cranberry sauce and Don made his famous candied sweet potatoes (so yummy with pineapple in them).

I'm thankful they came over now. We had a pleasant time and everyone had plenty to eat. Jesse said they even saw five wild turkeys on their way over, which seemed like a nice touch for Thanksgiving!

According to Jesse, it's all good...

No comments:

Post a Comment