Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nature's crochet work...


Normally Don and I don't get up in the early morning hours due to his later shift at work. Yesterday morning required us to do so though, giving us a rare opportunity to enjoy the beginning of the day.

It was very quiet...muffled actually due to a dense and heavy fog (Memphis radio was reporting visibility of just a quarter mile). The landscape was drenched in dew and I just couldn't resist snapping this photo while I was sitting in the truck waiting for Don to close the driveway gate.

I admire the beauty of spider webs (more so when I'm not walking face first into an unexpected one). They remind me of crocheted doilies. I've sat on the front porch on summer evenings watching a spider build a web. They work very hard at it and one can't help but admire their agility and craftsmanship.

Perhaps I admire spider webs and crochet pieces because I never learned to crochet myself. I'm left handed, my mother is not and she found it difficult to teach me how to crochet "backwards". So I content myself with collecting vintage doilies and watching spiders build webs.

It's not a bad trade-off.

1 comment:

  1. I can't crochet because my Mother is left handed and I am right handed!

    ReplyDelete