Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another lazy southern Sunday summer afternoon...


Here it is, another lazy southern Sunday summer afternoon and all I want to do is curl up in a box like Murphy's doing! Been listening to John Prine today and feeling really mellow.

It's fairly pleasant out for July in Mississippi...87 degrees and a nice breeze blowing. That breeze makes all the difference, even the mosquitoes lay low and leave me alone when there's a breeze.

I'll probably mosey on down to the pond in a little while and just sit still and listen to the birds singing. Until then I need to head upstairs and work on some quilt blocks I'm making for a block swap. Started them last night and should be able to finish in a couple hours.

Then again, I may just go take a nap. John Prine seems determined to sing me a lullabye!

No comments:

Post a Comment