Monday, July 11, 2011

So far it's a "let 'em in, let 'em out" kind of day...


The other night I saw a tee shirt in a catalog and told Don I needed to get it. The tee shirt read: "To Do List: Let the dog in, let the dog out, let the dog in, let the dog out." Actually, I'd need one that had "times 18" added to the end of it!

It has most definitely been THAT kind of day. Every five minutes one of the dogs has a desperate need to go outside. Five minutes later they desperately need to come back in and doze for five minutes then repeat the whole process again.

Normally I put the dogs out in the front yard when Don goes to work and they do really well. Today is excessively warm though...a heat index of 105 currently. I wouldn't want to be out in a fur coat when it feels like 105, so why should I make the dogs do it?

When we moved into this house we had naive ideas that dogs would use a doggie door and they would stay close to home. Now that we've learned different (cats will bring live rats into the house through a doggie door and dogs will explore miles away from home) the dogs are confined to our fenced in yard and the doggie door has been removed and replaced with a slab of sturdy wood bolted onto the door.

Anyway, it's getting old. I respect that the dogs feel it is their honor bound duty to make sure the front yard is secure and safe from zombies, buzzards and anything that moves, but come on! Every five minutes? I don't think a zombie invasion is going to move in on us in five minutes!

If you'll excuse me I need to go let Eoghan in and Conan out before one of them claws the door down.

P.S. If you'd like to help me feed all these mutts please click on an ad. Every click helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment