Monday, July 4, 2011

Mother Nature's Fireworks...


Happy 4th of July! We've been having quite a fireworks display here, courtesy of Mother Nature. The storms moved in around 2 p.m. and so did all the dogs! We have several dogs who are terrified of storms for one reason or another. Poor little Tadhg, our bluetick beagle, was shaking like a leaf and Katie immediately tucked herself under the computer desk (as you can see in the photo above). I don't know how she crams herself into that little area under there, but today Conan finally managed to cram himself in there with her!

I'm late posting today because the power kept going off and on so I had to turn the computer off and wait it out. Plus, it would have been very difficult to type with the beagle that was in my lap and the eight or more dogs crowded around me!

There are two quilts on the clothesline, but I didn't get out there in time to bring them in. I guess Mother Nature thought they needed washing again! Did manage to get the windows up in the Yukon before the interior got very wet and I closed the garage door so the backyard dogs, Guinness and Finn, could weather the storm in there. If I hadn't let them in the garage Guinness was determined to claw his way through the back door!

The weather and the dogs have settled down now so hopefully I can accomplish something today. From the looks of the photo above I need to sweep floors and reupholster our old footstool!

No comments:

Post a Comment