Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sneaking up on those senior citizen discounts...


Fifty-two years ago today Frank and Edrena welcomed their first baby into the world (that would be me). They were a young couple and had been anxiously awaiting their baby's overdue arrival (funny how that trait has followed me through life...I'm always running late) which finally happened two weeks past Edrena's due date. I was a beautiful baby and a joy to be around (that's obvious in the photo above, right?) so every year on this date the whole world rejoices!

Okay, enough with the fantasy stuff...I was an average baby and a major pain in the rump in my teens, but fortunately I've outgrown my teen angst. Now I just have old timer's angst...achy joints, white hair, wrinkles, and forgetfulness. At least I have something to look forward too...senior citizen discounts! I've been getting those AARP membership envelopes in the mail for the last two years and in a few more years I'll be able to fill one out and mail it back. YIPPEE...not.

All in all, it's been a good birthday. Don got me some books and THREE birthday cards...one from him, one from the cats and one from the dogs. My in laws were in town Wednesday and treated me to dinner and brought a gift...a lovely musical figurine of a mama bird and her babies. My wonderful daughter, son-in-law and grandson sent me a card with a Kohls gift card in it so I went shopping this morning before Don went to work. My sister-in-law sent me a funny card and my son called me to wish me a Happy Birthday. Oh, my dear little grandson called and sang Happy Birthday to me! That made this Granny very happy!

So thank you Frank and Edrena for giving me a birth day and being great parents. I really appreciate it and think I'll give my mom a call now and wish her a happy birthday too. After all, it's as much a birth day for her as it is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment